Thursday, January 3, 2008

Can you say "cold"?




This part of the shoot is testimony to just how hard modeling is. I've worked with quite a few models, and I'm here to tell you that even the best of them would have balked at this shoot. The light was perfect - just perfect, the very end of the day. I figured we had about 5 minutes, which meant no room for arguing. Mind you, it is December, it is about 40 degrees out and the water is, well, shall we say, "a wee bit on the chilly side"? He is in his swim trunks and stands at the waters edge and strikes a pose.
"No. You need to get in." I point.
"WHAT?! Have your lost your mind?"
"Don't argue with me. You can see as well as I can that we are loosing light. Just get in." He proceeds to take two steps in up to his ankles, eyes wide with fright as he is pretty sure this isn't going to be what I had in mind. "No, the other in - the one where you actually go out, get wet. Just go under a few times and splash water around. Don't be such a big baby!" I tell him.
"A big BABY? A big BABY? You have got to be kidding me!" It took a few more superior, authoritative Mommy Moments, but he complied. The shoot was hilarious. I did get some great shots, but I also got lots of leaping about, clinging to himself, arms askew, dancing-like-some-oversized-frog shots. We laughed like crazy when he thawed out and we could look at the photos.
"Good thing that a grimace looks like a smile without the audio, Mom, or you would be in trouble on this one."
Fair enough. Gotta hand it to the guy - he's a trooper.
Check out the rest of the shoot at www.thedawsonstudios.com/cd2/cd2.htm or the whole site at www.thedawsonstudios.com

1 comment:

jessica said...

heh, sharon, your baby boy is a HUNK.

um... don't tell my husband i just said that, OK? (^_^)

xoxo, jessica and olive